Top Five Things to Look for When Hiring an Accountant
If you own or operate a business, you know how important financial accounting is to your bottom line. Hiring an accountant can help you gain more tax savings and organize your financial affairs. Whether you use tax filing, bookkeeping, payroll services or require financial reports, hiring an accountant can help you stay on track.
With your personal and business finances at stake, it’s important to select an accountant and accounting team that is equipped to efficiently handle your needs. To help you make the right decision, we’ve compiled a list of the top five things to look out for when hiring an accountant.
- Experience. Hire an accountant who has worked in the financial industry for a minimum of a few years. Experience is crucial in cultivating the necessary knowledge and skills required to apply the Income Tax Act to your best advantage.
- Flat Price Billing. A qualified accountant charges fees based on the job and work involved, not the time spent. With flat billing, you’ll fully understand the cost of your investment in your accounting/taxes up front.
- Integrity. The accountant you decide to work with needs to have your best interest at heart, not their designation. Hire an accountant that prioritizes your needs and works for the best outcome for you.
- Accessible. Hire an accountant who is willing to meet with you at a mutually convenient time and place. He/she should be available to discuss matters over the phone or email, with reasonable response times.
- Service Guarantee. A professional accountant should guarantee their services. If your accountant makes a mistake or files taxes late, you should have recourse to be compensated for the penalties and interest assessed.
For quality professional accounting and tax services in London, Ontario, contact the consulting team at J.M.J. Accounting & Tax Services Inc. They have a lifetime of experience serving the accounting and tax needs for small and medium-sized business across southwestern Ontario.
To learn more, please visit www.jmjaccounting-tax.ca.